Monday, June 8, 2009

*My FREAKING ABU DHABI TRIP!*

I've touched down in Russia, Moscow le...

And... I am freaking tired... but... Decided to blog a little on my Last trip to Abu Dhabi~

I was in Abu Dhabi a couple of days back... And I'm completely SUFFERING!!!

*my modest dressing in AUH*



Firstly, the weather outside is freaking HOT at 52 deg celcius in the day time, 38deg celcuis at night~

But the moment I reached my room, It's FREEZING!!! That I would shiver all over!!! well.. alot of you might be wondering... WTH~ Jus go adjust the aircon la!!! U so bimbotic meh Alicia... Aircon also dunno how to adjust... Alicia:" OF COURSE NOT LA!!! I know how to... but the freaking system here is centralised lor!"
As I am typing this now, my fingers are slowly freezing up... and I keep typing wrongly, thus gotta backspace and type again... I think it's undergoing "freezing stage" ...

*Look at the freaking temp... Though it says 27 deg* BUT it's freezing lor...~ *

Secondly, The bed here is SUPER DUPER HARD!!! reallie... I can't sleep well lor... and I am super tired now...*panda eyes Alicia* It's early morning at 9.20am here... And I'm here typing away in my bloggie... Normally with a nice bed, I would only see the daylight at about 1pm...:( HORRIBLE BED...


The bed was so hard, I was tossing and turning away the whole night~ and regularly waking up at intervals... ARGH~ Save me!!! I wanna go home & cuddle under my DarDar arms~


Last but not least... I totally am NOT a fan of the food here... SO MUCH SPICES are in it... It is delicious at the first few mouth... but after a while... I find that it is a bit too strong for me... but my colleagues totally LOVE IT~ WELL... you know... one man's meat is another man's poison~

*my first meal in AUH*


This is my Secret Indulgence in Middle East countries... I never fail to bring a truck load of "Galaxy" chocolate milk back home... and cakes too!!!
The chocolate is simply heavenly... It is not too thick... yet super creamy~ :P I bought so much of it home and my HUGE check in bag was heavy that when I tried to carry it off the trolley, the whole bag toppled over... And It was so heavy, I toppled over with it... in my uniform... in the middle of the AIRPORT!!! and my colleagues all burst out in laughter!!! haha~

Anyway... I was there for about 5 days, so one of the days, I went shopping with my friend, Jamie... She was gushing all over the clothes there... saying it is very cheap and trendy~


Trendy... YES!!!


Surprisingly, the clothes that the stores are selling are pretty fashionable despite all the women there pratically dress in the same BLACK DRESS... covering them from head to toe, only can see their eyes...!!!


You know... I was commenting to my colleagues Jamie...


ME: "Hey babe... I reallie dun understand why is it when the women wrapped up their body and only reveal their eyes, do they need to spend so much money to buy nice clothes...?"


Jamie: "You know ... apparently under all those layers... they dress quite nice one ...probly sexy lingerie and all..."


Which honestly... I dun understand the logic behind... (?.?) Cos NO ONE CAN SEE what they wear right...??? ://


Anyway... back to shopping... I bought QUITE A FEW items here... Beleiving it was CHEAP!!!


UNTILL...~


when I was telling my other colleague about my shopping when we were on the plane, flying back... Best part is, I have always thought 1 Sin dollar, was 4 dirhams (AUH currency)... But in actual fact, 1 Sin dollar was 2 dirhams....!!!!


WTH!!! I WAS TOTALLY STUNNED FOR A MOMENT!!!!


How could I be so foolish as to miscalculate....????!!!???


You know, I thought everything was so cheap that I pratically was like...


"Wow!!! These shorts are only 30 dollars sin... nice and cheap... ok buy two of different colours!!!" (in actual fact, It's FREAKING 60 BUCKS FOR ONE LOR!!!)


"WOW..... These tops are so cheap... ok buy 2... different colours, same design!!!" And can you imagine, I actuallie spent a whopping $660 SIN dollars on all these shopping!!!!


****heartache ahh...!!!****


haiz~ I could have buy an LV wallet!!!! :(


STUPID ALICIA!!! (-.-)


*Take a look at my puchases*



*These freaking shoes set me back by 100 sin dollar!!!*



*Reallie HIGH platforms*



*These Steve Madden shoes cost 50 bucks... It was on sale... Thus not too bad... I would say it is my best purchase of the lot!!! as it is reallie comfy*



*I love this... Pretty lilac colour... but it set me back by 50 bucks :( *




I am so drained & tired now... struggling to keep my eyes open... thus... I reallie gotta go ok ~
I am missing my darling so much now...
*NiteNite*

No comments: